vt/i I. saviti, namotati II.[vi] smotati se, namotati se

English-Croatian dictionary. 2013.

Нужно сделать НИР?

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Convolve — Con*volve , v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Convolved}; p. pr. & vb. n. {Convolving}.] [L. convolvere, volutum; con + volvere to roll. See {Voluble}.] To roll or wind together; to roll or twist one part on another. [1913 Webster] Then Satan first knew pain …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • convolve — [kən välv′] vt., vi. convolved, convolving [L convolvere, to roll together < com , together + volvere, to roll: see WALK] to roll, coil, or twist together …   English World dictionary

  • convolve — (kon vol v ) s. m. Un des noms vulgaires du convolvulus ou liseron. •   Ainsi sur les moissons, quand l orage a soufflé, Reposent, confondus dans le sillon comblé, Le convolve amoureux, la renoncule agreste, Et le pavot sanglant, et le bluet… …   Dictionnaire de la Langue Française d'Émile Littré

  • convolve — verb (convolved; convolving) Etymology: Latin convolvere, from com + volvere to roll more at voluble Date: 1616 transitive verb to roll together ; writhe intransitive verb to roll together or circulate …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • convolve — convolvement, n. /keuhn volv /, v.i., v.t., convolved, convolving. to roll or wind together; coil; twist. [1590 1600; < L convolvere, equiv. to con CON + volvere to roll, turn, twist] * * * …   Universalium

  • convolve — verb a) To form the convolution of something with something else b) To compute the convolution function See Also: convolute, convoluted, convolution …   Wiktionary

  • convolve — v. twist; roll, wind together …   English contemporary dictionary

  • convolve — [kən vɒlv] verb rare roll or coil together. Origin C16 (in the sense enclose in folds ): from L. convolvere roll together …   English new terms dictionary

  • convolve — con·volve …   English syllables

  • convolve — con•volve [[t]kənˈvɒlv[/t]] v. i. v. t. volved, volv•ing to roll or wind together; coil; twist • Etymology: 1590–1600; < L convolvere=con con +volvere to roll, turn, twist con•volve′ment, n …   From formal English to slang

  • convolve — /kənˈvɒlv/ (say kuhn volv) verb (convolved, convolving) Obsolete –verb (t) 1. to roll or wind together; coil; twist. –verb (i) 2. to form convolutions. {Latin convolvere roll together} …   Australian-English dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”